Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 3 Already?




I can't believe we've already been traveling for four days already! London is a beautiful and amazing city. I'm completely in awe with how beautiful it is here. Our first day here we landed and immediately headed off to Windsor where we visited the palace there and then explored the town. We then went to our hotel and promptly crashed. Yesterday we explores the Tube and learned how to navigate it. I'm proud to say that by know we all are pretty much pros at navigating the British underground. We also took a boat tour down the Thames river to Greenwich. We then visited the observatory, and yes I got to stand on the Prime Meridian. We then spent the rest of the afternoon exploring Greenwich.

Around five we headed back to Central London, and explored St. Katherine's Pier. We found this neat little place called Dickens', which was actually opened by Charles Dickens' great grandson. Today we made our first school visit to Dulwich College. Its a very large and prestigious private school in West Dulwich. The school was beautiful and we had a very good experience. It was very eye opening. From there we headed to Green Park, part of the royal gardens, and then visited Buckingham Palace. We then spent the rest of the afternoon exploring and generally having a good time. We visited the Kensington gardens, Kensington Palace, and this really cool ice cream shop called Fenton's. I'm loving my time here and I can't wait to see what else this trip has in store for us!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, This is Dani! My classmates and I want to be in London with you!!!! From the pictures I saw this morning, London looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete